Friday, December 22, 2017

Soham Kale


Hey guys!

My name is Soham Kale, and I'm really excited to be one of your vice chairs for the UN Human Rights Council this year! I'm a sophomore here at UC Berkeley, and this is my second year chairing for BMUN. I've done MUN all throughout high school, though; and I've gone to conferences all over the US.

I'm a Engineering Physics and Electrical Engineering/Computer Science double major, and I spend most of my time in my lab, in the libraries, or the boba places all around campus (Definitely could spend a bit more time in class though...). I lived in Long Island for the first 5 years of my life, but I honestly consider South Florida my home, where I lived for 13 years and basically grew up in. Still, I think I'm slowly working my way up to being a real Californian.

I love BMUN, but outside of it, I do research, I work in a local software startup, and I try to eat as much food as I possibly can in Berkeley before I graduate (seriously, this place is realllyyy good for food!)

I'm a huge fan of anything Marvel/DC/Star Wars/Nolan/whatever. Over my years at Berkeley, I've perfected my abilities as a professional time waster, and when I'm not working, I'm probably fanboy-ing over new episodes of Arrow. Feel free to come up and talk about your interests; me and the rest of the chairs want to get to know you guys! And don't hesitate to ask any questions you have about our experience in college.

The topics that your head chair has picked have never been as relevant as they are today with our current political landscape, both domestically and on an international level. We also expect our topics to be somewhat controversial to debate on; its rare that an MUN topic actually hits home to such a wide number of delegates to the point of contention, but we hope that it stays fun nevertheless. This is also my first THIMUN committee, and so I've spent a lot of time reviewing the ins-and-outs of the procedure. For all of you who haven't used THIMUN procedure before, we hope you do the same!

Have fun researching for your position papers; I know I speak for my fellow chairs when we say we can't wait to read your solutions for these topics. Don't hesitate to send us emails on topic clarification, conference logistics, gradings, etc. And we'll be updating this blog with useful conference information and topic updates, so stay tuned!

~ Soham 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Study Finds Over 9,000 Brothels Masquerading as Legit Businesses

Hey guys, I hope everyone's having a great week (and getting pumped for conference)! I wanted to bring to light an issue concerning t...