Friday, December 29, 2017

Ruchirangad Sharma

Hi All! 

My name is Ruchirangad Sharma (but friends call me Ruchir for short), and I am super excited to be one of your vice chairs for the upcoming BMUN conference! I am a freshman here at UC Berkeley, so this is my first year doing BMUN, however, I have done MUN throughout all 4 years of my high-school. Lucky for me, I have only ever participated in THIMUN styled conferences such as this committee, so please feel free to ask me any questions regarding procedure or the flow of debate. 

Currently, I am an intended Economics and Business Administration double major, but we'll see how that goes. As many people here may say, I as well am a MASTER procrastinator, but jobs do get done :D I am Indian by blood, however I have never really lived there. I was born in Kuwait, and then moved to Abu Dhabi for 4 years, before moving to my "home", Malaysia, where I have spent the last 13 years of my life. So its safe to say that adjusting to this lifestyle has been hard, but what is life without a little challenge!

In my down time (hah) I consume Netflix like no one else. Some of my all time favorites include Sherlock, Friends, HIMYM, Designated Survivor, just to name a few. I also love any action, crime/thriller type films (Wayy too many to name). So please feel free to come up to me and totally go crazy about the aforementioned cinematic pleasures. 

For many of you, this may be your first time doing MUN, so my advice would be to dive in with both feet! Don't feel scared to speak your mind, or engage with those who share your views. Talk to people and make new friendships, because that is what MUN is in its essence. Remember that you are all working together to solve real life issues that vex even the United Nations. The Head Chair has very carefully and thoughtfully chosen these issues to push your minds to think beyond the box, and communicating with your peers is one way forward. 

The fellow student officers and I are very keen to meet every single one of you! Happy researching, and if any questions arise, please do ask them on this blog, as this is a platform where we can answer any and all of your questions!

See you in March, 
Ruchir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Study Finds Over 9,000 Brothels Masquerading as Legit Businesses

Hey guys, I hope everyone's having a great week (and getting pumped for conference)! I wanted to bring to light an issue concerning t...