Thursday, December 21, 2017

Hi, I'm Lucia!

Hi everyone! My name is Lucia and I'm SO excited to be one of your vice chairs for UNHRC this year!


I'm absolutely thrilled to see you all at conference and can't wait to see what type of debate will come out of the weekend. The topics our head chair, Suma, has chosen are incredibly relevant in today's dialogue. I'm eager to hear your thoughts on the issues and look forward to engaging with your ideas. 

Before we get into conference, I wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm currently a junior at Cal and I study Business Administration and Economics. This is my third BMUN as a vice chair but my first time using THIMUN procedure (don't tell Suma!). 

I'm originally from Chicago but the Bay Area definitely feels like home now as I've spent the majority of my undergraduate time in the area. Last summer, I interned at a large tech company in the Silicon Valley and got an inside look at the strategy and operations side of the house. Fun fact about last summer: I thought it would be a good idea to stay in Berkeley and make the two-hour commute each way and save a TON of money. Not so fun fact: That was a mistake. Let's just say I've never been and never will be a morning person...


Outside of BMUN, I'm super involved in a consulting club on campus and I used to sell cookies part-time at a shop on Telegraph Ave. Specifically, my club focuses on data-driven strategy solutions for tech companies and I've personally worked on projects related to financial services, telecommunications and fintech. 

I'm a huge Scandal fan and love The Bachelor (...guilty...). If you're a fan of Broadway musicals, Buzzfeed's Tasty and Worth It series, or want to know what I think makes the perfect chocolate chip cookie, please introduce yourself at conference! I'd love to meet you and learn more about what interests you. However, please feel free to ask about my experiences at Cal or really anything.

Until then, happy researching and position paper writing. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me or any of your UNHRC chairs regarding the topic, grading or general conference logistics. Make sure to check this blog regularly between now and BMUN since this is where we'll be posting  key announcements and important information about the topic. See you all soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Study Finds Over 9,000 Brothels Masquerading as Legit Businesses

Hey guys, I hope everyone's having a great week (and getting pumped for conference)! I wanted to bring to light an issue concerning t...